||Festivity: it’s springtime, let’s picnic!
When spring is coming, all you want is picnicking.
Here some tips for a perfect picnic or barbecue!
The term "picnic" comes from the French word "piqueniquer", which literally means "eat outdoor".
Here what you shall not forget if you want to organize a perfect outdoor picnic:
Here some suggestions on how to use the products Cascina San Cassiano.
- Tablecloth and napkins
- Cooler for drinks and cold plates
- Salt and pepper to dress salads, meat or fish
- Bottle opener for wines and cold drinks (don’t forget the water)
- Knives, forks and chopping board
- All what is necessary for the barbecue: charcoal, pocket lighter, grill (be very careful with fire, position the barbecue in open spaces and not too close to bushes or trees)
- Picnic set
- Insect repellent if you choose to stay close to a river or a lake
- Sun-protection cream
- Plastic bags for garbage to take home with you (respect the environment)
- And, last but not least, Cascina San Cassiano’s products!
Many sauces can be paired with grilled meat: try your white meat with apple and ginger mostarda, dried tomatoes and basil sauce, mustard sauce “Gourmand” and your red meat with mixed fruit mostarda, cognà (sweet grape mostarda), mayonnaise with "balsamic vinegar of Modena IGP", paté of black Taggiasca olives from the western Ligurian Riviera.
Our ready to eat starters are perfect for an outdoor barbecue; you can also use the olive oil that remains as a tasty dressing for the meat.
You can try grilled artichokes, dried tomatoes, Borettane onions, black olives "alla Marchigiana", chili peppers stuffed with anchovies and capers, salami with Barolo wine and tume (cheese) with rocket sauce.
And finally the typical picnic food: rice or pasta salads, dressed with our Conriso.
Happy springtime and enjoy!
Cascina San Cassiano specialties are wondefurl to taste in every season.
Discover tips and recipes for all the year.